With Love Formalwear has won the Australian Dental Foundation Community Welfare Innovation Award at the 2021 South Australian Community Achievement Awards and was presented by Dr Greg Miller, Chairperson and Clinical Ambassador.
With over 200 nominations, With Love Formalwear won the Award from a strong field of community contributors.
The winners were announced on Saturday 20th November 2021 during the Awards Gala Presentation Dinner with Mike Smithson, 7NEWS Personality as the MC for the evening.
With Love Formalwear of Salisbury (WLFW) was formed in 2019 with the aim of providing formalwear and accessories to young people living in out-of-home care or alternative care, young people with disabilities, or individuals living in disadvantaged circumstances. The formalwear and accessories are donated by generous community members. Since February 2020, WLFW has supported 244 young people to choose their dream outfit for their school graduation.
The twelve category winners are:
• Unyime Jasper – Office for Ageing Well Tackling Ageism Award
• Road Trauma Support Team SA – Jones Harley Toole Community Road Safety Award
• Out & About Clothing – Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
• Growing with Gratitude – Breakthrough Mental Health Research Foundation Innovation in Mental Health, Social and Emotional Wellbeing Award
• Yorke Peninsula Community Care and Transport – Rural Doctors Workforce Agency Rural Community Health and Wellbeing Award
• Australian Native Food Co. – Minister for Innovation and Skills Small Business Award
• UnitingSA Taperoo Community Centre – Community Centres SA The Loneliness Cure Award
• Fitzroy Community Club – Woolworths Sports in the Community Award
• With Love Formalwear – Australian Dental Foundation Community Welfare Innovation Award
• Ian Ward – Carers SA Carer Achievement Award
• RSL Care SA – Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
Winners each received a $1,000 Bartercard account, $500 cash and a $500 Woolworths voucher.
Janine Warren was announced as the People’s Choice Award Winner and received a $500 Bartercard travel voucher thanks to Awards Australia.